Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I sprouted something!

So after the great cauliflower disaster of '13, I looked to the future and decided to learn how to sprout seeds. But first some other good news! Yesterday I harvested some of my kale and my friend and I made delicious kale chips. They were perfectly normal kale leaves. It was pretty exciting eating something I grew for the first time.
Hopefully I will get to repeat that coup soon with arugula. I put some arugula seeds in a clay pot on my sunny balcony a few days ago. I kept it moist and today as i was watering it I noticed that some of them had sprouted! In a little while longer I'll be able to harvest them as microgreens.

They are hard to see, but they exist!

When I was at the store buying arugula seeds I noticed some lavender. I made some little origami pots and planted the seeds in them. Now I'm keeping them watered in a sunny window and hoping for the best. I love lavender so having some of my own plants would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment